Feeling stressed or burnt-out? The Atoka™ Calm Blend is here to help release your mind from life's everyday challenges. A calming balance of rich Dark Cherry, earthy Hops, and delicate Chamomile – crafted to ease the tensions of daily life and quiet the busy mind.
Avocado Toast With Herb Salad and Pickled Onions
For the Pickled Onions:
1 red onion, very thinly sliced
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon honey or agave syrup
For the Herb Salad:
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
¼ cup fresh dill sprigs
¼ cup microgreens or sprouts
For the Avocado Toast:
2 thin slices dense rye bread, toasted
1 large avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil
Fresh lemon juice
2 bottles AtokaⓇ Calm Blend, chilled
1. For the pickled onions, in a medium saucepan combine onion, vinegar, salt, and honey or agave. Bring to a simmer over high heat, then reduce heat slightly to maintain a simmer for 3 minutes.
2. Pour onions and liquid into a medium bowl and add 4 standard, freezer-tray ice cubes (or, if the ice cubes are smaller, from an ice maker, use ¾ cup ice cubes). Stir for 1 minute then set aside to cool completely.
3. Pickled onions can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
4. For the herb salad, in a medium bowl toss together mint, parsley, dill, and microgreens or sprouts.
5. To assemble the toasts, divide rye bread between 2 plates. Top with avocado, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pile the herb salad on top of the avocado, then drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper. Garnish with drained pickled onions and serve immediately with Atoka Calm Blend.
Dark Cherry Wellness Toddy
1 AtokaⓇ Dark Cherry Hops Tea Tonic
½ cup water
1” piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced or grated
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
1½ teaspoons agave syrup
Pinch of ground cinnamon
1 green tea bag
1. In a small saucepan combine wellness shot, water, ginger, orange zest, agave, and cinnamon. Heat just until steaming, then take off heat and lower tea bag into mixture. Cover and let steep for 4 minutes.
2. Remove tea bag and strain toddy through a fine mesh sieve into a warm mug.