Feeling sluggish or run down? The Atoka™ Remedy Blend is here to pick you up. A vibrant formula of adoptogenic Reishi, hearty Elderberry, and soothing Cinnamon, Clove, and Ginger – curated to support your daily wellness journey.
Gingery Rice and Quinoa Porridge With Shiitakes
For the Porridge:
½ cup short-grain rice
½ cup golden quinoa
6 cups low-sodium or unsalted vegetable broth
Fine sea salt to taste
1” piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
For the Roasted Shiitakes:
8oz shiitake mushrooms
1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
2 teaspoons coconut aminos
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Chili oil to taste
2 bottles AtokaⓇ Remedy Blend
1. Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. 2. In a fine-mesh sieve, rinse rice and quinoa, then transfer to a large saucepan and add broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to maintain a slow simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the rice puffs up and splits open and the mixture is thick and creamy, about 1 hour. Add more broth or water to adjust the consistency of the porridge to your liking.
3. While the porridge cooks, make the roasted shiitakes. Remove shiitake stems and discard. Thinly slice shiitake caps. On prepared sheet pan toss shiitakes with oil and spread out in a single layer. Roast until mushrooms are starting to brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.
4. Drizzle mushrooms with coconut aminos and return to oven for 5 minutes. Set aside until ready to serve.
5. Once the porridge is thick, add salt to taste and stir in ginger.
6. To serve, divide porridge between 2 bowls. Top with shiitakes and green onion, and drizzle lightly with chili oil to taste. Serve with Remedy Blend.
Pink Moon Milk
1 tablespoon powdered freeze-dried raspberries, plus more for garnish
1 teaspoon maca powder
1 cup unsweetened macadamia nut milk
½ cup AtokaⓇ Remedy Blend
1 tablespoon agave syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. To a small saucepan add raspberry powder and maca. Whisk in just enough milk to make a paste, then whisk in remaining milk, Remedy Blend, agave, and vanilla.
2. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then pour into a big mug and garnish with more raspberry powder.